- Partners HealthCare System
5 Walnut St
As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement
Responsible for the project management and administrative leadership in the Patient Experience Digital Health programs as part of the Enterprise Data and Digital Health Program. Manages project management personnel, coordinators, administrative assistants, financial resources, processes, and priorities within the team. Plays a leadership role in generating, setting, and executing the program's strategic plan. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the team and has responsibility over the team's tactical approaches. Develops and manages relationships with other Patient Experience leaders and team members to foster collaboration and partnership on program priorities and activities. Advises program leadership on matters relating to finance, hiring, purchasing, accounts payable and other management issues, making independent decisions on matters that do not require escalation. Works with a variety of internal and external resources to ensure adherence to the project plan and eliminates barriers to the success of the program. Manages the Program Team under the leadership of the Patient Experience Executive Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Oversee day-to-day operations of Patient Experience Program Team
* Develop Program strategic plan in collaboration with project team and Patient Experience Executive Director
* Lead and mentor a team of project managers. Delegate work assignments and appropriately set priorities for the team. Respond promptly to team and entity needs.
* Motivate team to success and give recognition for results. Exhibit sound and accurate decision making and serve as an expert resource for problem solving.
* Remain flexible and adaptable within a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing requirements.
* Responsible for performance management per organizational guidelines
* Educate staff on policies, processes and procedures. Communicate news/events to staff, often reinforcing larger program or organizational communications.
* Create and manage administrative processes for aligning budget expenditures, requests and changes to actual budget, working closely with Partners Finance team.
* Ensure Program team is supportive of and compliant with administrative and HR requirements such as budget requests, travel and expense management, timely Performance Appraisals, and required training.
* Monitor administrative needs for the work of the department, directing staff and escalating challenges as needed.
* Provide consulting support to Patient Experience leadership to aid decision-making and strategic planning.
* Proactively monitor team environment to understand challenges to effective program delivery; develop solutions for review and approval by leadership.
* Ensure coordination of effort within the Patient Experience team and among other teams across the program.
* Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other relevant Masters Degree preferred.
* 8 years of related experience including three to five years administrative management experience in a healthcare environment; experience working directly with senior clinicians preferred.
* Must have 3 years prior staff management and project management experience.
* Demonstrated leadership experience in large complex organizations.
* Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them.
* Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation abilities.
* Superior analytic and problem-solving skills.
* A high degree of comfort in dealing with senior level clinical leadership.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to drive projects to completion in a complex, deadline-driven environment.
* Ability to navigate within a large healthcare organization and matrixed environment.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively manage cross-functional teams.
* Ability to build consensus across teams, with staff and leadership.
* Ability to review project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project standards.
* Ability to document and communicate the status of progress against plans, taking corrective action as necessary.
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
* Office setting, with some local travel between Partners HealthCare sites.
* May have supervisory responsibilities as determined by Patient Experience leadership
* May have financial responsibility of program budget as determined by leadership.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...